- Client Leyshon Group
- Location Brisbane, Queensland
- Industry Commercial Office Building
- Completion 2004
- Cost $12M
Occupying the full length of the Melbourne Street block between Hope and Merivale Streets, rising storeys above ground level and contributing 6,770m2 of GFA to the Brisbane Market place.
Subtle plays on the various façade and roof planes, combined with suspended street colonnades, strategically located break-out terraces off the office tenancies and landscaped courtyards provides contemporary styling commensurate with the current Melbourne Street culture and compliments the rejuvenation of the Melbourne street boulevard.
Respecting the historic context of the precinct, building lines have been forced to the street alignments, forming ’hard line’ building edges around the site. Face brickwork forms the cornerstone fabric to the building, and combined with large continuous skillion roof, contributes a significant statement to the overall South Brisbane skyline and Melbourne Street streetscape.
- RAIA (Queensland Architecture Awards 2006) - Brisbane Regional Commendation
- Property Council of Australia, Rider Hunt Award - Queensland Commendation - 2006
- Australian Property Institute Queensland, Excellence in Property Awards 2005 - High Commendation