QUT ART MUSEUM
This challenging brief required conversion of the lowest level of one on the University's original buildings into an international standard art gallery.
The outcome is a series of carefully planned spaces which limit their impact on the original structure. In order to provide height, floor levels were lowered by up to a metre. Gallery spaces are connected by a linear spine.
At each end of the spine, crisp picture windows provide connection to the outside levels giving context and orientation.
The resulting ambience is contemporary, light and open; a result of the detailed resolution and harmony of the spaces and materials.
Queensland University of Technology
- RAIA Queensland Chapter Interiors Architecture Award, 2001
- RAIA Brisbane Chapter Commendation, 2001
- IES Australian & New Zealand International Lighting Award, 2001
- IES Queensland Lighting Awards High Comendation, 2000
- QMBA Best Refurbishment Project Under $3M